WindStream Communications Sr. Network Engineer in Twinsburg, Ohio
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the following: designs and implements network features and configurations for various small or simple networks and client sites OR assists senior/consulting telecommunications personnel on large or complex voice, data, or local area networks and client sites; assists in providing troubleshooting and/or disaster recovery services to data centers or client sites as needed; conducts portions of and/or assists others in preparing materials for presentations made to client and data center personnel; participates in an on-call rotation and performs other duties as assigned.
• Strong background with Cisco products
• ATM & Frame Relay experienced
• Ability to configure and troubleshoot MPLS WAN connections
• Experience in network analytics
• IOS Router Upgrades
• Install and maintain CISCO firewalls
• Install and maintain CISCO LAN Switches.
• Knowledge of Network Design / Implementation
• Knowledge with Voice Over IP (VoIP) technologies, deployment & troubleshooting
• Knowledge with Quality of Service (QoS) and Network Optimization
• Able to Configure and troubleshoot OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP routing protocols
• Strong routing troubleshooting skills Able to deploy Routers at remote locations
• Strong Customer Services Skills
• Dependable and Self Motivated
College degree in a Technical or a related field and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6 years professional level related Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Ohio-Twinsburg
Job Category: IT
Requisition ID: 18004398
Other Locations: US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.