WindStream Communications Proj Coordinator II-Srvc Del in Rochester, New York
Brief Job Description:
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for tracking, scheduling and coordinating of all aspects of a new customer order; from order assignment to a successful installation of services at the customer’s site. The Project Coordinator will be the single point of contact throughout the entire order.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proficiently coordinates the following orders: T1’s, Metro E’s, VoIP, TDM, Hosted PBX, WDB, Firewall, KDL/LE-GEM, and multi-locations.
- Oversee a minimum of 100 active orders.
- Manages escalation activities efficiently and effectively; assists others as needed.
- Assists with WIP management; extracts/filters data from excel reports.
- Trains and supports team members as needed. Identifies issues and proactively assists in resolving them. Takes the initiative to drive individual and team performance.
- Routinely participates in special projects related to supporting the team and improving processes.
- Coordinates with various groups including: customer, equipment vendor, Order Processing, Data and Voice Translations, Field, Provisioning, Sales, Engineering, Service Activation.
- Ensure the customer's service is installed timely and efficiently with minimal interruption to customer's service.
- Continuously monitors progress of job, including tasks and proactively investigates any deviations from schedule.
- Keeps all appropriate personnel apprised of status of job, shifts in priorities, existing or perceived problems; deviations from schedule.
- Identify, suggest and implement preventative/corrective actions to improve quality of coordination process.
- Additional responsibilities may be defined as needed; special small projects.
Basic Skills: * Highly organized and strict attention to details. * Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritizing. * Proactively follows up and follows through with multiple tasks. * Self-disciplined; self-starter. * Strong individual worker with ability to also work as part of a team. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Strong computer experience (MS Office, Outlook, Company Software and Web Apps) * Ability to learn new processes quickly. * Able to handle high stress in a professional manner. * Great positive attitude. Be outgoing, engaging, proactive and courteous. * Ability to train peers and conduct presentations. * Participate in and lead projects as assigned by management. * Must be flexible to work over-time and weekends.
Preferred Skills: * Project Coordination/Customer Service skills preferred. * Clear and effective written and verbal communications skills preferred. * Excellent problem solving abilities. * Basic telecommunications technical knowledge. * Able to gain the trust and respect of a team; provide leadership and guidance.
High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years experience with 3 years directly related to the job. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
Primary Location: *US-New York-Rochester
Job Category: Service Delivery
Requisition ID: 18004138
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.