WindStream Communications Business Systems Tech I in Perry, Georgia
* Installs, maintains, and repairs telecommunication system equipment and services primarily for business customers.
* Handles mostly routine assignments.
* Communicates with customers regarding installation/repair.
* Promotes and sells company products and features based on customers' needs.
* Presents and conducts self in a professional manner; promotes positive company image to the public.
* Operates a variety of tools and devices including test equipment.
* Safely operates and maintains clean and organized company service vehicle.
* Completes necessary safety training and adheres to safety standards and regulations.
Preferred Skills: * Strong communication and customer service skills. * Basic math skills. * Attention to detail and problem solving skills. * Proficient knowledge of computers, networks, and relevant applications. * Valid driver's license and safe driving record. * Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable. * Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275 lb. * Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs, working aloft, and successfully completing required safety training. * Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours. Required to respond to after hour call-outs
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 2 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony experience or an equivalent combination of education and directly related telephony experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Georgia-Perry
Job Category: Field Operations
Requisition ID: 18004424
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.