WindStream Communications Engineering - Co-op in Newton, Iowa
*Job Description: *Planning engineer will rotate between sub-planning teams and will collaborate with Planners and various supporting teams to perform the following functions.
- Evaluate Broadband capacity and identify remediation required for shortfalls.
- Provide planning and analysis support for construction of outside plant network structures and facilities including Route Plan and Serving Area designs that will ensure the transition of the network to future broadband services.
- Assist Marketing and Sales by providing feasibility pricing of network additions required to support sales requests.
- Plan and coordinate implementation of fixed wireless networks for Broadband expansion.
- Assist in creation and administration of capital budget plans supporting required functions.
- Daily/weekly individual and team status reports.
- Coordinate resolution of network deficiencies as they are identified.
- Other duties as required.
*Desired Qualifications: *Highly energetic and innovative individual looking to make a positive contribution to the success of the Planning Team.
- Enrolled in college degree related to Engineering/Computing/Mathematics.
- Ability to stay current with the economic and technological developments in the industry.
- Independent problem solver; self-directed, self-starter.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic operations environment.
- Computer software knowledge to include Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, CAD and Custom Planning Tools and Databases.
Must be currently enrolled in an Engineering program related to Electrical, Electronic, Communications, Networking or related field of studies and have completed a minimum of 4 semesters (3 semesters acceptable depending on schools Co-op design)
Primary Location: *US-Iowa-Newton
Job Category: Engineering
Requisition ID: 18004162
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.