WindStream Communications Auditor II-Information Technology in Matthews, North Carolina
The Internal Audit team at Windstream is a High Performing group that provides internal audit services and support to the business leaders across the organization. Internal Audit works to address areas to drive continuous improvement, while providing independent and objective assurance and advisory services to help affect change and improve the business. We are offering an opportunity to be a part of a newly formed group in Charlotte, North Carolina .
Our team is focused on IT/Technology Audits and Operational reviews across Windstream’s portfolio; with the ability to identify areas for improvement, develop recommendations and become part of the solutions that will help improve the business; valued audits that make a difference.
- Ex ecute audits and reviews focused on various Technologies in the Business, as well as various Business Processes; and /Information Technology General Controls (ITGC)/
- Understand the business, design and execute audit programs, execute testing, analyze findings, report writing and presentation to the business, as well as participating in corrective action planning, and tracking issues through remediation with the business owners
- Document and assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls and processes to meet established business objectives or security concerns in the IT and network groups across the business
- Facilitate meetings with Technology and Network owners to discuss and understand processes and conduct risk assessments to identify and understand the business and related IT Risks, internal controls which mitigate these risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Assist with organizational policy and procedures documentation and other special projects as directed
- Build trusted relationships with the Business leaders
Participate in top-down, risk-based approach to scoping the integrated audit with focus on the ITGC audit for /Sarbanes Oxley 404/, planning and execution of ITGC audits, completion of test steps to evaluate controls, and gathering/analyzing information as necessary to evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of the controls.
The Auditor (Big 4 equivalent – Associate/Experienced Associate level) should have knowledge of key business processes, key controls and risks in the processes, and the implication to relevant IT dependencies in each process. Preference for experience working with various technology platforms. A degree in Computer Information Systems along with Accounting or Finance is highly desired. A professional certification such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is preferred.
Proven ability execute engagements along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work alone or in small teams, achieve established goals and objectives, and communicate progress in a timely and meaningful manner.
- Big Four and Internal Audit experience a Plus
- Experience delivering and managing IT SOX audits with a focus on both business process and ITGCs
- Experience with internal controls, including all phases of planning, evaluation, walkthroughs, documentation, sampling, testing and remediation
- Ability to understand information security and network risks, with strong technical background and knowledge of Information Technology and security, including UNIX, AS400, Windows NT and Mainframe environments
- JDE and Hyperion experience a Plus
- Working knowledge of database applications including Oracle, SQL, and Siebel.
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of ACL a Plus
- Telecommunications Industry experience and knowledge a Plus
Experience in Internal or External Audit in the IT Risk and Compliance space
College degree in a Technical or a related field and 2-4 years professional level.
Primary Location: *US-North Carolina-Matthews
Job Category: IT
Requisition ID: 19000064
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.