WindStream Communications Staff Manager-Finance in Little Rock, Arkansas
Staff Manger – Finance
Job Responsibilities * Supervising accounting personnel ranging in size from of 2 - 15 individuals * Function as a contributing and effective member of the Accounting/Finance organization * Oversee daily operations of an assigned group * Responsible for the strenuous month-end closing process (including journal entries and financial statement review) * Reconciling, reviewing reconciliations and evaluating all assigned balance sheets accounts * Preparing account analysis, other variance analysis and monthly reporting to be distributed to wide audience throughout company's management. * Confirm accounting records are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), company policies and legal agreements / contracts * Proactively seek opportunities to identify inefficiencies, research/analyze data, and create solution alternatives * Establishes effective professional business relationships with all levels of management
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance is required;
- Several years of supervisory experience is required
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Prior audit or SOX experience is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and willingness to research and resolve accounting application
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Advanced level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and inventory;
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) and experience in JD Edwards is desirable.
- The successful candidate will be inquisitive, take initiative, and have a solid understanding of accounting principles and internal controls.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Solid organization and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and workflow
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: Finance
Requisition ID: 18003234
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.