WindStream Communications IT Business Consultant in Little Rock, Arkansas
The IT Business Consultant will be an experienced individual with the capability to handle a diverse set of tasks targeted to utilize prior experience in telecommunications, OSS/BSS applications Line Cost Audit, Retail/Wholesale Billing and back office systems. This person will be providing subject matter expertise, analysis and act as a consultant for both the business and IT personnel to lean on for day to day operations and special projects like conversions of acquired properties.
Responsibilities: • Provide subject matter expertise related to telecommunications within the ordering, provisioning and billing areas • Act as a liaison between the business and IT and ensure business continuity as well as productivity by assisting where necessary • Creates detailed system requirements’ documents including use cases, data flow diagrams, input and output designs, and data ownership
• The IT Business Consultant is the driver behind the IT Enterprise projects • Participates in stakeholder meetings to more closely understand and match system to business need • Interface with other groups within and outside IT to review impact of project to those departments • Develops various analytical reports to evaluate, implement and support projects or other issues using SQL • Maps data sources between multiple systems • Provide data analysis and business process review of systems during mergers and acquisitions • Drive projects to completion utilizing best of breed practices while adhering to Windstream IT procedures • Evaluates production and post-implementation issues through the use of metrics and detailed data analysis • Participates in team meetings to review status of projects • Interface with managers inside and outside of IT • Mentors other Business Consultants/Analysts
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Advanced Oracle SQL skills (multi-table joins, stored procedures, object management, query optimization, data modeling) • Ability to work independently with a proven record as a self-starter
• Ability to communicate professionally within all levels of the organization
• Operationally minded with the ability to create streamlined repeatable processes
• Open to/Interested in evaluating/utilizing new technology to meet the needs of a project
*Minimum Requirements: *
College degree in a Technical or related field and 3-5 years professional level experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 7 years professional level related Technical experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: IT
Requisition ID: 18003909
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.