WindStream Communications Analyst I-Regulatory Compliance in Little Rock, Arkansas
“Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.”
About the Role:
The Regulatory Analyst will primarily support the Regulatory Legal Compliance Team. The Regulatory Legal Team is responsible for all state and federal telecommunications-related compliance. The Regulatory Analyst will interact with internal business owners and external regulatory agencies- all focusing on compliance and managing the processes that support these efforts. More specifically the position will work directly with the Regulatory Legal Compliance Team attorneys to proactively research and develop compliance procedures as a result of external and internal changes, draft regulatory pleadings, and draft communications with regulatory agencies and customers. This position will also help research and address general legal requests from internal business owners, the Regulatory and Legal Compliance attorneys, and the Deputy General Counsel.
- Strong drafting, writing, research, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, strong analytical abilities, attention to detail, and the ability to follow through in a high-volume environment
- Manage, organize, and track time-sensitive matters
- Prioritize between regular workload and special tasks/concurrent projects
- Proactive problem-solving and ability to work independently
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review new legislative and regulatory developments and assess potential implications for the business. Develop summaries and implementation plans for the business; contribute to and oversee the implementation of changes to internal procedures. Interacts with all levels, including leaders in the organization.
- Identify legal issues that require attorney consideration and articulate such issues to attorneys. Perform legal research and summarize issues for attorney review. Assist with drafting and review of legal documentation, including pleadings, contracts and correspondence.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of existing and new regulations, standards, and guidance documents
- Lead discretionary reviews to identify business and compliance risks and drive business readiness efforts including developing processes, training, and testing.
- Interpret regulatory rules or rule changes and communicate such changes through corporate policies, procedures, including communication with executive level team members
- Provide support to various company organizations regarding customer and company issues
- Additional duties as assigned by management
• Related experience and/or Bachelor’s degree is preferred and coursework related to Business, Finance and/or Legal is preferred.
• A minimum of one year or more of compliance experience or administrative law required.
• Experience in a corporate environment is also preferred.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint is required.
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: Legislative Affairs
Requisition ID: 21000773
Other Locations: US-Illinois-Chicago
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.