WindStream Communications Engineer II in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- Trouble ticket ownership elevated to Customer Engineering for assigned tickets including working the issue to resolution, communicating updates to the customer via outbound phone calls, emails, or a combination of the two as desired by the customer
- Responding to inbound calls from customers and frontline support teams to troubleshoot customer issues, particularly as part of our “First Call Resolution” (FCR) process
- Documenting all actions taken to resolve a customer’s trouble within the trouble ticket(s)
- Troubleshooting portal configurations, errors with Mitel and Polycom phones and conference units, SIP endpoints including hardware devices and software-based clients
- Troubleshooting of CPE troubles on Cisco, Adtran, Actelis and various other CPE routers and firewalls at an engineering level
- Have a strong understanding of VoIP protocols i.e. SIP, RTP
- Testing & troubleshooting of facility troubles, as well as general layer 2 and layer 3 customer network troubleshooting as it relates to Windstream-provided CPE (routers, switches, phones, etc.) Cisco and Juniper devices.
- Have a strong working knowledge of routing protocol – OSPF, EIGRP, or BGP
- Execute Customer Engineering -level changes to CPE configurations for Windstream-managed routers and firewalls
- Coordinate customer repair actions including dispatching appropriate vendor/field technicians to assist in troubleshooting Windstream CPE and verifying operability of services through the network to the customer’s CPE
- Troubleshooting of OfficeSuite service issues in regards to call routing, extension configurations, phone/feature functionality, audio issues, call queueing, call recording, tenant/site configurations, and connector applications including browser plug-ins, desktop and mobile applications/clients, etc.
- Troubleshooting customer voice issues from various legacy voice and soft switches including feature provisioning, translations, and number portability
- Use of call capture tools to identify call setup failure/completion troubles and troubleshooting QoS problems
- Other duties as assigned Preferred Requirements:
- In depth understanding of telecommunications industry including knowledge of one or more engineering disciplines and vendor equipment. In depth knowledge of accepted engineering practices.
- Computer software knowledge to include Microsoft Office, Custom Planning Tools and Databases.
- Good analytical skills; the ability to prioritize projects; good oral and written communication skills; and good interpersonal skills. Good project management skills.
College degree and 3-5 years experience or 7 years equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Pennsylvania-King of Prussia
Job Category: Engineering
Requisition ID: 18003985
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.